International conference EFFECTIVE AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT 2021
09.07.2021 – 09.08.2021
- Venue: Hotel Dixon
- Address: Švermova 32, Banská Bystrica
Short content of the event:
International conference focused on possibilities and tools to support the improvement of air quality in Slovakia
Content of the event:
The aim of the conference is to create a space for sharing and disseminating information, knowledge and experience in the field of air quality with an emphasis on goals, approaches and mechanisms in relation to achieving good air quality.
The current and potential role of the relevant state administration and self-government bodies in the air quality management system at the regional and local level will be discussed, as well as the role of air quality managers as professional support for these bodies.
As well, options and tools to support measures to reduce air pollution will be presented, in order to ensure that the permissible level of air pollution will not be exceeded. Good practices from implemented project solutions at the national and international level will also be shared.
CONFERENCE THEMATIC AREAS
- Legislative, strategic and conceptual framework to achieve good air quality
- New approaches for monitoring, modeling and evaluation of air quality
- Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs), Air Quality Management Plans
- Examples of good practice of implemented solutions and projects - practical experience in the Slovak Republic, the Czech Republic and other EU countries
- Options for financing measures
- Work with the public, appropriate methods and forms of communication
- Tasks and cooperation of stakeholders in the adoption and implementation of measures to improve air quality, strengthening professional support through air quality managers
18 June 2021 DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION ON PLANNED EVENT
1 July 2021 DISTRIBUTION OF THE FRAMEWORK PROGRAM (LAUNCH OF REGISTRATION)
19 July 2021 PUBLICATION OF THE DETAILED PROGRAM
16 August 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE (END OF REGISTRATION)
20 August 2021 CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
Attendance is free of charge. The conference is funded by the LIFE IP – Air Quality Improvement project, covering the conference costs, rental of conference facilities and equipment, refreshments and lunch during the conference, social dinner and accommodation. In case the capacity of the participants set for the event is achieved, the organizers reserve the right to close the registration for the conference before the specified date (16 August, 2021).
Participants are responsible for their own travel costs to the venue.
The organizers reserve the right to organize the event online or cancel it in case of worsening of the epidemiological situation in connection with the spread of COVID-19.